Cecil R. Hoskins III, Esq.
- Email Us
Cecil started his legal profession at the University of Delaware with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. Continuing on to Widener University School of Law, he attained his Juris Doctorate in July of 2011.
Cecil’s pursuit of client advocacy started in Widener’s Delaware Civil Clinic. Admitted to practice by the Delaware Supreme Court as a Certified Legal Intern, Cecil successfully represented indigent clients before Family Law Commissioners and Judges. He counseled clients through mediation, settlement agreements, and petitions for protection from abuse. Furthermore, Cecil volunteered at the Delaware Family Court providing legal assistance to victims of domestic violence on the day of their scheduled hearings.
During law school, Cecil clerked for Teamsters’ Local 326 in Delaware. He worked with top law firms from the Washington, D.C. area negotiating Union contracts, attending labor mediations, and participating in arbitrations of collective bargaining agreements. In addition to strengthening his negotiation skills, Cecil learned to maximize informal litigation for the betterment of his clients.
Upon graduation from Widener, Cecil was admitted to the practice of law in Pennsylvania. Currently focusing on family law and civil litigation, Cecil is a member of the Chester County Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- Pennsylvania (2011)
- Widener University School of Law, (J.D.) 2011
- Activities: Legal Intern; Delaware Civil Clinic
- University of Delaware, (B.A.) Political Science, 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Attorney for a Day Program, Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Chester County Naturalization Committee
- Arbitrator, Chester County Court of Common Pleas
- Presenter, When Black and White Becomes Gray: Three Ethical Issues Therapists Face (February 2013-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association