Irene J. Levy, Esq.
- Email Us
Irene began her legal career in 2003, when she attended Manor College and later Widener University’s Legal Education Institute to obtain her Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies. During this time, Irene worked as a paralegal at several law firms.
Following her undergraduate studies, Irene attended the Evening Division of Widener University School of Law for her Juris Doctorate. There, she was awarded the law school’s Presidential Scholarship and the Widener Law Merit Scholarship. Irene graduated cum laude from Widener and was named to the Dean’s List. During her tenure at Widener, Irene served as the Manuscript Editor for Widener Law Review and as an intern for the Delaware Civil Clinic, a school-sponsored organization that provides pro bono legal assistance to low income victims of domestic violence. Irene worked as a secretary for Judge Susan Peikes Gantman of the Pennsylvania Superior Court while attending law school. There, she learned to write judicial opinions under the tutelage of accomplished legal writers.
After law school, Irene was admitted to the practice of law in Pennsylvania. Since this time, she has worked as an attorney in West Chester and the surrounding counties. Irene focuses her practice on family law, including divorce, custody, child and spousal support, and dependency matters. Irene also serves as a Guardian Ad Litem in Chester County Dependency Court. She is the Chair of the Chester County Bar Association Dependency & Juvenile Section.
- Pennsylvania (2011)
- Widener University School of Law (J.D.), 2011, Cum laude
- Presidential Scholarship Recipient (2007-2011)
- Widener Merit Scholarship Recipient (2008-2011)
- Dean’s List
- Journal: Manuscript Editor, Widener Law Review
- Activities: Legal Intern, Delaware Civil Clinic
- Advocacy: Cozen O’Connor Trial Academy
Widener University Legal Education Institute:
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies (2007)
- Cum laude
Certificate in Litigation
- Honors: Dean’s List (all semesters)
Pro Bono Activities
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Semester of Service
- Attorney for a Day Program, Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Chester County Naturalization Committee
- Arbitrator, Chester County Court of Common Pleas
- Chair, Chester County Bar Association Dependency & Juvenile Law Section
- YMCA Annual Campaign Committee (2018)
- Presenter, When Black and White Becomes Gray: Three Ethical Issues Therapists Face (February 2013)
- Presenter, An Overview of Dependency Law for the Family Practitioner (Continuing Legal Education course) (2019)
- Chester County Bar Association